In modern society pets are treated as fully-fledged family members. The well-being of a beloved animal is of great interest to the pet owner. Thus, the demand for high quality and delicious taste of pet food is rising. A healthy, balanced diet is a cornerstone for a long and happy life of a companion animal. Brenntag provides a wide range of preservatives, antioxidants, coloring agents, emulsifiers and stabilizers, flavors, as well as gut flora stabilizers to enhance your pet food products.
The key trend at the market is the humanization of pet food. Owners tend to treat their companion animals to specialty pet food, premium and luxury products that mimic their own taste. Claims like “raw”, “organic” and “natural” nowadays play a significant role for the selection of pet food. With the perfect formulation, which our experts at Brenntag Food & Nutrition can provide, the meat of pet food can be tenderized, the color balanced and the production of savory flavors stimulated.
- Types of ingredients for animal nutrition
Our portfolio features a wide range of pet food ingredients that target one of three applications.
- Preservation: Pet food needs a long shelf life to keep both animal and owner healthy. Additives that inhibit mold and reduce microbial load prevent spoilage and illness.
- Nutrition: Animals have dietary needs that require added nutrients. Some ingredients can promote a pet food's nutritional value to give pets a well-rounded meal.
- Processing: Pet food ingredients like binders and conditioners make the pelleting process easier for more efficient processing.
- Three ingredients aiding animal feed products
These three animal feed ingredients have added benefits.
- Medication: Ingredients such as antibiotics help farmers keep livestock healthy. These additives reduce the chance of illness and promote weight gain.
- Pest control: Feed for livestock tends to attract pests that spread disease and create a nuisance. Specific ingredients can change breeding conditions in the feed, repelling pests without harming the animal.
- Increasing appetite: Flavored additives make the feed more appealing to livestock, so they can get the nutrition and weight gain they need.
- The benefits of feed ingredients
We work with leading producers to distribute clean label ingredients that meet discerning customers' standards. Our portfolio includes organic, non-GMO and naturally derived additives for specialized feed.
The animal feed ingredients we distribute enhance product quality by promoting freshness and keeping out pests. They adhere to industry standards for safety and nutrition and improve overall health. Our portfolio of animal food additives enables you to create a product you can be satisfied with because we do not take a one-size-fits-all approach. We work with every customer to meet them on their terms, so we can innovate together.
Your customers will enjoy the benefits of quality additives as much as their animals. Pet owners will appreciate that you made food their animal friends enjoy — not to mention the long shelf life. Customers in the agriculture industry will also get to benefit from increased feed efficiency and healthy livestock. No matter what challenges your customers need you to solve, we can help you find the answer.
Get in contact and innovate with us
Brenntag wants to contribute to making the best pet food and animal feed out there.
We offer a portfolio of more than 10,000 ingredients and compounds that help the life science, material science, and environmental industries create solutions.
Contact our experts from the Animal Nutrition segment to talk about:
- how your pet food can be improved using enzymes
- how your product could benefit from using natural colors
Please contact us by submitting the form and we can start a discussion of how to support you in the best way.